We use only uses 100% Human Hair, you can in many ways treat it just like you would your own. However, in order to keep your hair extensions looking amazing for longer and to avoid any damage to your natural hair it is important that you follow some simple care guidelines.
- Do not comb or brush the hair extensions while hair is wet.
- Never sleep with wet hair extensions. Always make sure the hair is dry and pulled up or preferably put into a braid to keep hair from tangling at night.
- Brush the hair several times a day. Be sure to brush properly, holding the roots to prevent pulling on the bonds. Use a wide tooth comb to remove tangles if needed.
- Use high quality hair care products but don’t overdo it, too much hair care product can cause build up and tangling over time. So you want to be careful with the amount of product you use. Important: Never use any products containing oil, alcohol or ethanol as this can damage the hair extensions and also wear down on the adhesive. Try your best to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner as well as 100% natural hair products to keep hair extensions in good condition.
- When working out with hair extensions or swimming with hair extensions, be sure to remove excess sweat and chlorine after working out.
- When using hot tools be sure to use a heat protectant spray! The more you use heat on your hair, the shorter the life-span of the hair extensions.
- Do not use a flat iron directly on the tape tabs. This will weaken the bond and they will slip out.
- When using conditioner, condition from mid-shaft to ends only. Do not apply conditioner to your scalp when wearing tape in hair extensions. When using serums or oils avoid contact with the tape, use on mid length to ends only.
- Every 6-10 weeks, your hair extensions will need to be reapplied to move the bonds closer to the scalp and to keep your hair healthy.